Tuesday, February 7, 2012

February 6, 2012

Hey, so I am in Panaca, Nevada.  More specifically, all of Lincoln County.  We have the largest area in the mission and we are 2 and a half hours from the next missionaries.  That would either be in LV or Mesquite or Ely, which ever direction you want to go.  We cover 6 wards and "Area 51" Haha.  It's tight.  I meet some people that can't tell me where they work.  Haha.  It's pretty cool.  This area is kinda slow and easy going.  I am trying to push too hard.... according to my companion.  My comps name is Elder Coulter.  He has been out for 23 months.  Haha, so I am killing him off in the mission.  I have never been accused of being high strung until last night, haha.  Oh well, we had a good conversation and hopefully we will be able to get along really well.  We shall see.  He says I ask to many questions! No! Not me! Haha.  Never would have guessed that, haha!  He is from Alberta, Canada.  He is almost 23, he will turn 23 in about a month, right before he goes home.  So, that should be fun.  We cover Panaca, Poiche, Calieta , Alamo, and Hiko which is the Panaca Stake.  None of these towns have more then 1,500 people in them. There are only like 6,000 people in the area, haha, and it is like 2 and a half hours in length and in height. 
It reminds me of Jena just a lot smaller, haha, and no Wal-mart.  Shoot, there is not a fast food place in the area at all, haha. We are in the middle of nowhere, haha.  Maybe my comp is right, I just need to let the work come to us and not worry so much. 

Ok, so Terry Avery lives in Panaca 1st ward.  He is a school teacher here in town, haha.  I said I was from LA and so the members where like, "oh Brother Avery is from LA!"  I was like "tight."  So then I talked to his wife and she was like "what city?" I said Lake Charles.  She was like "no way, he is from there too!  Well actually Moss Bluff" and I was like "well, I am from Sulphur, but is he related to Grant Avery or Trevor Avery?"  She was like yeah so then I talked to him for a while about the people back home and for the rest of the day everyone that asked me where I was from was like you know Brother Avery is from Louisiana. It is pretty cool.  So, yeah, we are having dinner over at their house on the 17th.


Oh, and the one girl who puts the pictures on (Facebook) is Char.  She is a recent convert in Lake Havesu and she is a really good missionary.  Two of her friends are getting baptized soon, so she is cool.  Her boyfriend is on a mission right now.


We go to which ever ward we need to go to that week.  Which ever is needed, but we try to go to all six each transfer.  There are two wards in Panaca, so we can go to both of them in a week. 


Sister Bart is a sweet lady.  She is part of a group of ladies that get together and fed us once a month in LHC.  
  ---Letter we received yesterday from Sister Bahrt.

   Hello Zachary Family, 

 I am fortunate to be in the Acoma Ward in Lake Havasu City, AZ where
 Elder Zachary is currently serving.  I am one of a group of mostly senior
 single sisters who, since we  cannot have the Elders to dinner at our
 homes, have chosen to get together and have a potluck for them once a
 month.   Both Missionaries are absolutely delightful.  Your son’s first
 day in Lake Havasu City was a night of our potluck so we got to see him
 then and to  see how much he has grown in the past few months.  His
 Mission will truly be a success because of his testimony and the way he
 is with people.

 We understand that a transfer is possible and I can tell  you if that
 happens he will be sorely missed. 
 
 The pictures were taken at an Empty Nester Christmas party in late
 December.   The gift exchange was small but it was fun to see them show
 surprise and delight over something so simple as a chocolate bar.
 
 Update:  I didn’t get this sent when first written  because of a
 malfunction in trying to attach the  pictures.  Since then Elder Zachary
 has been transferred.   He had hoped for a bigger town/city than Lake
 Havasu and sad to say I am told he will be in a very remote area of
 Nevada.  If you have never been to Nevada, a remote area there is almost
 like being on the moon. Wherever he is they will be blessed to have him.
 
 Blessings to you all,
 
 Margie Bahrt



No comments:

Post a Comment