Monday, March 26, 2012

March 19, 2012

Haha, so sorry about last week, but I was talking for like 2 hours with him(my old companion)  and I lost track of time and then we had to go to do other things.  Haha, sorry about that.

Haha, so first thing is first I really like my new comp.  He is really cool guy and he is from Washington state.  He went to BYU-I the same time that I was there.  So we didn't know each other, but he had a class with Kelsey Miller so we both know her, haha.  But, yeah, way cool guy.  He is really entergetic and that is a good thing, haha.  We were able to get 22 other lessons this week and we couldn't work on 2 days because of transfers.  So, that was awesome.  We are working hard together.  Right now he is having a hard time adjusting to not having a lot of investigators.  In his last area he was in north Las Vegas, which is on of the most geto places in Las Vegas, so haha, there you can get a lot more investigators but a lot of them are flacky.  So this work is a little different than he is used to, which by a little I mean a lot, hahha.  But it is not bad.  We are getting along great.  We have picked up a game to play together at night after we plan.  So, I am not as stir crazy any more.  Oh, and he has been out for 6 months.  This is his second area, just like mine.  So, it is kinda weird, but I guess that makes me senior comp(anion) and DL(district leader), but I have been telling everyone that he is senior comp, haha.  I don't think he likes it, but I don't want people to know I am senior, haha.  Makes me laugh haha. I only say it if someone asks, haha.

We are teaching this one guy named Dennis.  He is a cool guy that has had a hard life.  In our first appointment there where many times that he was in tears and was crying.  I think he felt the spirit.  This last week we soft set him for baptism (soft set is to say as you pray and come to know of the truth of what we are teaching then will you commit to be baptized).  It was a really cool thing.  At first he said no, but as we kept teaching him we were able to explain the reason and the need to be baptized by someone with the proper authority.  It was a cool lesson, and my first lesson to lead officially.  I had taken lead before many times but not as senior.  Oh, and we have been teaching this one lady in Alamo that has had a really hard life.  She is a great lady and is a student of the Bible and loves to read about church history.  Her husband is a in-active member, alchoholic and his parents are the RSP.  (I have no idea what RSP means.....Andrea.....I will ask him in his next letter!)  Super awesome family.  Well as we have taught the lessons to her, her husband has had a change of heart and dicided to get off alcohol.  So, he did, but he was such a addict he couldn't with out his kidneys shutting down.  So, that is what happened.  So, they have been in the hospital in Vegas for the past few weeks.  It has been a real hard thing for the family.  But he is on dialisys, and it is really hard, but they are growing, i think, this whole time.

Yeah, Aunt Tara is the best of my aunts to write me.  She does, but the rest are not any good at it, haha.  JK.............kinda, haha.

I have the two coolest grandmothers in the world, haha.  One is Southwest Louisiana's biggest Saint's fan and the other is 95 with a new iPad, haha.  That cracks me up, hahah, and GranJan has her iPad.   

Well, I am kinda mad that y'all are going to DC.  That is where I want to go so bad when I get home.  We will have to go again in that month that I will be home, haha, you can't go with out me and not bring me later haha!!!!!

Oh and I got my ballot last Tuesday so I will mail it out today.


No comments:

Post a Comment