Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20, 2012---Las Vegas West Mission

Dear family and others.....haha.
So this has been a lot of fun, but really stressful.  Me and Elder Jones have a new quote that we live by..............Don't sweat the small things and everything is a small thing............haha.  It has helped a lot.  It is weird, but yeah.  This week we were able to give two trainings that were a little stressful.  We went out and taught and tracted with President Black which was really cool.  He is a great guy and really has the Spirit with him.  But, he is still a guy and didn't see much more success than we usually see, which makes me think of the best missionary, Jesus Christ.  He was perfect, but many still didn't believe the things that he taught.  Then to cap off the week, we had a baptism on Saturday that we didn't know was going to happen till Monday, but it was quite a wonderful thing to see some one make those sacred covenants with our Heavenly Father.  It really brings the Spirit.  He was about to cry when I gave him the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  He was converted when he read the Book of Mormon.  The Book of Mormon is really that evidence of the things we teach and the restoration of the priesthood....which is a real power.
Yeah, it is Ezra Taft Bensen's great-grandson and he is one of the most Christlike people I have ever meet.  Just super humble and a great guy.  A little quiet and shy but really brings the Spirit with him.  It is great to have a companion that I don't have to do everything with.  It was really hard for the past 6 months, but it is awesome.  We have been setting people for baptism.  It has been a lot of fun.  You can just see the change.
Well, I am so glad MC is doing good.  I would hate to have to kill a fool.  Have her tell him anything he does to her I do to him.  So if he shakes her hand....I shake his hand; if he hugs her....I hug him; if he kisses her....I kiss him, so on and so on.
Love y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment