Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6, 2012----Las Vegas West Mission

So, things are great here.  So far it is going awesome, so I will just start with transfers.  So, I am leaving.  I am really sad to be leaving, but excited about the new opportunity to go somewhere else.  It should be good. So, I will be serving in the Spring Mountain Stake in Las Vegas as a Zone Leader, which is a little scary but pretty exciting.  I am with my new comp right now.  His name is Elder Jones.  He will go home with me next August, so should be pretty fun.  He has been a Zone Leader for about six weeks now.  The members that I live with are awesome.  They have queen size beds that we get to use with a real nice place.  It is awesome. From what I hear they buy a lot of groceries and stuff like that.  It sounds like an awesome time.  So I am excited. 
 
My last comp, Elder Craft, had is surgery on Thursday.  It went pretty well.  It was good.  So yeah, I am sad to leave him.  He was a lot of fun once I realized I just had to take control and president made me senior again.  I was just not humble enough to accept that, haha.  But it was alright.  We got along great for awhile at the end.  It was a good transfer, but I will be replaced by a brand new greenie, hahha.  So that will be fun. But yeah, there are only 4 companionships that will not be training or zone leaders or APs(Assistant to the President) this transfer.  This mission is super young, but it is a good thing.
 
Yeah, me staying there for that long is a little bit long and two areas for that long is too.  So we shall see how this area goes.  I think it will be good.
 
Yeah, my scriptures are lost in the other mission.  I tried to find them, but no one knew where they were and they looked and could not find them.  But, I bought a little cheap BOM and D&C for cheap, and I found an old Bible in the apartment.  So they will work.  I don't know how long they will hold up for, though.  But I am using a marking system for the lessons divided by the lessons of PMG, and by each principal in the lessons.  It is pretty cool, and it has helped me use different scriptures.  They have been just the right ones at the time.  It is pretty cool.  Jody is doing awesome.  We have her and 4 other people set in that area that I will turn over to the new missionaries.
 
Ok so, about coming home.  I think I am going to extend for the three weeks, so that I can serve 2 years.  I only have one concern, and that is getting a truck and all that kinda stuff.  So, I was just wondering if you and dad could take care of all that before I get home.  If y'all could do that for me then that would make it much easier to stay longer.  It will be the 20th that I will be headed home on, so it would be like 20 days.  Which I think would be alright, I guess, but just let me know if y'all can take care of the truck and other things like that that I will need.
 
I hope Alex is engaged when I get home.  That would be awesome.
 
Well, I don't have anything else to add, so love you and have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment